143 posts tagged Tech
Interface: People, Machines, Design Sydney’s Powerhouse Museum
- 2+7 Telephone. Designed by Marcello Nizzoli, made by SAFNAT, Italy, 1958.
- Regency TR-1 pocket-sized radio. Designed by Teague & Petertil, made by Texas Instruments and Industrial Development Engineering Associates (IDEA), USA, 1954.
- The Blickensderfer 6 portable typewriter. Designed by George Canfield Blickendsderfer, USA, 1906.
- The Olivetti Valentine typewriter, designed by Ettore Sottsass and Perry King, made by Olivetti, Italy, 1969.
- Divisumma 18 portable calculator, designed by Mario Bellini, made by Olivetti, Italy, 1973.
- Macintosh Icons. Designed by Susan Kare, made by Apple Computer Inc, USA, 1984.
- IPOD Digital Media Player. Designed by Jonathan Ive, made by Apple Computer Inc, USA, 2001.
“This exhibition examines how design has been applied to information technology products; and about how a handful of companies made complicated technology appealing and easy to use. It is also about the visionaries who started some of the great consumer product companies of the 20th century and how the designers and engineers they hired found a means of imparting their ideals into the products they designed.”
Last clock is an ambient display that paints a visual memory of the last 60 seconds, the last 60 minutes and the last 12 hours in an never-ending loop.
True-to-life miniature of yourself !
Ever imagined a true-to-life miniature version of yourself ? 3D printed portrait figurines by twinkind are made using state-of-the art 3D scanning and color printing technology.
Delorean 500GB hard drive in stainless steel, from Flash Rods.
By LaCie and Philippe Starck, is a limited-edition 4TB USB 3.0 hard drive featuring a streamlined internal portion with intersecting rectangular plates to produce an artistic spin on the typical box-shape. Made of heavy-duty aluminum, the drive is finished off with a Starck logo-shaped LED power button on the side.
Breath Life Into…
ARART is an application that breathes life into objects, presenting a new platform of expression connecting artistic creation with reality.
By hum, is a USB memory stick housed in a cork and protected by a bottle.